Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Almost There (& the Dreaded Garage)

Well, it seems I kinda missed writing yesterday. Short weeks are always so confusing. When we have Monday off, it feels like Saturday and then the next day seems like a Monday.....

I hope you had a good Labor Day weekend. It rained all weekend here. But it was nice to be off.

Next week we are off of school. It's been 5 1/2 weeks already so it's time for our first break. The girls are excited to get a whole week off. Steve took off also on Monday and Tuesday so we can get that great garage clean out accomplished. It's really bad, y'all. I know we will need to move our cars and spread things out on the driveway and I'm afraid folks are going to stop by thinking we are having a garage sale.

I just might sell them some things too, if they do.

It's going to be a struggle. I REALLY, REALLY want to get the garage completely cleaned and organized. Even the workbench and tools, which we never seem to have time to get organized. We're always just hacking a path and straightening. I want more than that this time. But (you knew there was a but coming, right?), Steve and I approach these things differently.

Oh look. Our garage. (Not really. But almost.)
I am going to want to look through boxes. Truly look through them. How can I know if it's trash if I can't look through it? Some stuff needs to be kept. Some stuff needs to go. Steve is more about 1. If we're keeping it, Imma stack it right over here where you can never hope to retrieve it to go through it but at least its out of the way and 2. If it's trash, its going now. All of it.

Doesn't he know there's an in-between?

In other news, today is our first park day with our homeschool group. It should be nice and wet at the park. We also have to go to the library because I am not ahead of my game and keep going to just get what I need right now and not getting stuff a few weeks ahead of time, which would be much better.

All things considered, we probably should have started school by now. Guess I better get the troops up and going since we have a lot of running to do today.

Two more days of school and then a break. We can do this.

Signing off,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Want to Sing My Praises? I'd love to hear from you!

In Which We Have to Get Healthy

But first an update. I promised one. We DID, in fact, get the youngest's room under control. All toys are now on the shelves in her clos...