Monday, August 27, 2018

End of the Month

Husband said tonight that our family obviously needed to get out of the house and have some fun. He said we were all snapping at each other.

Well, it IS the end of the month. There is too much month at the end of our money lately. Expenses keep going up. And money, my friends, is stressful.

Plus, supper was not very good. I followed the recipe exactly but it just didn't taste all that great. And there was nothing to really go with it. It was one of those supposed-to-stand-on-its-own main dishes. Only it really didn't. So I went to the store and got cereal because we knew everyone would be hungry before bed. Plus we needed breakfast for the morning.

Maybe we all had too much sugar this weekend with birthday cake and donuts, etc.

Maybe we just have too much going on. Oldest child is working on college application and requesting letters of recommendation and needing me to edit and help with all that. Husband needed me to post a few things on Facebook. Second-born daughter needed help with an assignment for co-op. Youngest child wanted me to read to her.

What I needed was to make a menu plan and grocery list. But that didn't happen.

Maybe it's just Monday.

But I am thankful that we are all home together. We are all well. Youngest child is asleep beside me on the couch now. I love our family. I'm thankful for our home, husband's jobs, our cars that work, and the fact that we get to homeschool.

And some days are just like this---even with thankful families who love each other. (Even in Australia.)

Especially at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Want to Sing My Praises? I'd love to hear from you!

In Which We Have to Get Healthy

But first an update. I promised one. We DID, in fact, get the youngest's room under control. All toys are now on the shelves in her clos...