Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Getting Ready

I'm ready to not be getting ready for something every day. What I mean is, we've been preparing for back to school for awhile, and this week I'm preparing for back-to-co-op, and also a birthday party.

After that, it will be fall holidays and a camping trip, and Christmas, etc. I think I'm ready for a week of not getting ready for something.

But it is exciting getting ready for that birthday. Our oldest daughter is turning 19.

Our beautiful oldest daughter. It's weird she's turning 19 since we are still in our 20s. Right?
She says she isn't ready to be 19, but as you know, it happens anyway. Since she didn't have any ideas for what she wanted to do or what kind of birthday party she wanted, I made executive decisions. She shall find out on Saturday. (I love surprises)

The main problem on all of that is getting the house clean. Sheesh. Why is it so hard to keep the house picked up?

Getting ready for co-op is another thing. I teach the preschool class and I already wrote the lesson plans a few years ago so it's really just a matter of prepping the first 2 weeks' lessons. That means making copies, cutting things out of construction paper, gathering things, etc. I have a new laminator that the co-op purchased and I'm so excited to preserve the things I make this year for circle time. One day I will have less work to do each week to prepare for my classes.

Well, it also means making sure we (me and my 2 younger daughters) all have clean clothes to wear, names on all belongings, all belongings packed, and snacks and lunch made.

And since we went to the beach yesterday, where I managed to hurt my ankle, we didn't unpack the car yet. And of course there is the sand to deal with. BEFORE we go to co-op tomorrow.

Actual photo of the floor of my car.
I'm kidding. A little. 
My ankle is fine, by the way. I guess I sprained it. I was in SO MUCH pain yesterday evening! I could not believe how much it hurt! It was a several-hours-long delay of pain and it was weird. It swelled up on one side but this morning, it feels fine. And I'm glad.

I have a lot of things to get ready for, after all.

Signing off,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Want to Sing My Praises? I'd love to hear from you!

In Which We Have to Get Healthy

But first an update. I promised one. We DID, in fact, get the youngest's room under control. All toys are now on the shelves in her clos...